lagger Posted By lagger, Sep 6, 2018 at 3:28 PM

1. lagger

lagger
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Apr 2, 2014
    Loc:
    Bloomingburg NY
    just got back after checking out the stove chows with gepir, came back as catamount for the manufacturer.. no idea if any good.. any recent experiences ? 249 a ton + 79 for delivery

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sandpipe

sandpipe
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 24, 2010
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    I did a comparison of this and a few other pellets on the pellet fuel review section. I didn't like the high ash content of the Stove Chows from HD.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Bucks County,Pa /North of Phila Eagles
    very hot but a crap load of ash.
    burned a few tons but no more...

4. sandpipe

sandpipe
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 24, 2010
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    The HD Stove Chows that I did a quick test had 48% more ash than the HD Green Supremes. That seems to me to be a lot of extra cleaning, carrying, clogging clinking and potential creosoting.

5. Tonyray

Tonyray
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 11, 2013
    Loc:
    Bucks County,Pa /North of Phila Eagles
    Yep....
    all that...!!!!!!

6. lagger

lagger
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Apr 2, 2014
    Loc:
    Bloomingburg NY
    ended up with 3 tons of lignetic-newps from Lowes... so far heat was adequate and ash \ soot on glass have been pretty low .. I am not a fan of newps based on prior experience but now that lignetics owns them they may have stepped up the QC... in any case 3 tons is more than enough for the shoulders and I have 2 +tons of Greene Teams for the mid winter

7. lagger

lagger
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Apr 2, 2014
    Loc:
    Bloomingburg NY
    a short follow up.. the lig-newps I bought are uniformly small in size, light colored unlike previous years (less bark? ) and flow thru my screening in the vacuum assisted pellet cleaner very nicely unlike some others I have used... so far pleasantly surprised ... have only burned 4 bags or so at this point so I will post later after I have used 20 or so bags and have a better handle on them and can assess the ash and fine content better

8. sandpipe

sandpipe
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 24, 2010
    Loc:
    Massachusetts
    The Green Supremes are also Lignetics and are looking very good so far.

Out of the 6 tons I had delivered there were 30 bad bags which are being exchanged for good ones. The last pallet had 10 bad bags.

https://lignetics.com/

9. lagger

lagger
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Apr 2, 2014
    Loc:
    Bloomingburg NY
    the lignetic-new englands I was referring to are in fact lowes bought, green supremes, I only decided to buy them because they scanned as lignetic-new england 0n iGepir, otherwise I would never have taken the chance based on my previous experience with green supreme \ newps prior to the lignetics takeover ... and they continue to work well for me so far also