Healing & Protecting Your Most Important Tools...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NATE379 said:
Has nothing to do with hands being rough for me.

If I don't use anything my hands will crack and bleed plus any grease/dirt I get on my hands is near impossible to clean off. Ever try scrubbing grease out of basically an open wound with pumice hand cleaner?

firefighterjake said:
Guess I'm either tougher than I think or don't care if my hands and fingers are rough . . . I have never used anything . . . other than a pair of gloves . . . and that's only when the weather is cold.

Nate I can't help you with the open wounds but for cracked and dry hands that get all kinds of dirt/grease in them, I keep a vegetable brush around to scrub down with. Not always the most pleasant sensation but gets it done. Just don't mix it up with the wife's.

Status
Not open for further replies.