Heart Attack Victim last March 14TH Stacks Cord of wood in 6 hours

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I am very proud that I could do this job when I was advised not to do anything too strenuous. I know I do post some weird s**t, but it's all the meds they got me on. Although I almost died 3-1/2 months ago, I really needed to do this job that no one else would do. And with a small budget it seems I shall have to do a lot more jobs before my projects are done. Oh coarse ones projects are never done. Even the good ones are just abandoned. This was my line as a former Master union carpenter. I knew I could always do a better job, but the cost in $ and aggravation made me draw the line and say this is good enough.

I did think I might die today doing this job in the heat and humdity, but such a death would be an honorable death. If I have to die, then let me die working. I shall try to post a photo of my wood pile. I am very proud of it although it's only 1/4 done, and is paltry to most of the forum members woodpiles. But this is a new start for me, and I feel pretty good right now. Like the Zen saying...Chop Wood, Carry Water...Calm your mind

By the way, I think this was the first full cord I have ever received...32 feet long and 4' high and these were 16" lenghths of wood...so i know I did better than a cord. My seller is new in the wood business and I may have been his first customer. And although the wood was a little under seasoned, many small splits did fill in the cracks and I feel happy to help these fellows out as they learn the ropes of wood selling.

I think this is a turning point for me and yesterday I couldn't figure out why so many people were so into their wood piles or why they stayed on this forum for years after their projects were completed, but today brought some answers to these questions. I suspect before long I'll have to join a 12 step program for wood addicts.

I had to chime in on this one, I have been in the shadows too long.

I buy a widow maker pile as an old timer calls it. Probably from a log rolling on top of you or a heart attack on it's way. That is 10 cord by weight and nothing but a pile of pain. I wish I can afford to buy it cut and split but the going rate is 200-250 delivered. This costs me 100.00 a cord. By the time it is cut and split I will bet it is about 13 cord stacked. Stay safe and take it slow and easy!

Bob

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 368
Great post, and very inspirational. We are never too old to learn new lessons, or re-learn old ones, like finding pleasure in the simplest things. God Bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.