Hearth.com and Super Cedar for Tornado victims

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure you will get it. There are a lot of good people on this Forum. I bumped the thread up in the Pellet Mill when I made my purchase.

Fantasic Job you are doing Gretchen, Thomas, and Lara, The world needs more of you in it.

NW Fuels said:
There are 38 cases sold I need to sell 4 more.
Make that three more.

Suggestion: you might think about slapping on a shipping label explaining to the folks using them that they can break these in half to make them go further. Even if people at the distribution points are splitting cases, they could mention this when they pass them out. I've seen mention on here that people light fires using half a firestarter, so if that also works on charcoal, your shipment would effectively be doubled. The end users might not be aware of that or thinking these things through right now.

I had to cook on a little tabletop grill one summer during a kitchen upgrade. It's fine when it's not raining, not much fun when it is. At least we had a house in which to take the food and eat. These will make life just a little bit easier under some very tough circumstances.

Just heard on the way to work this morning that the April 27 storm was a national record with like 320 tornadoes in the storm and like 260 on the 27th. Appreciate you guys thinking of the community down here. Doug, our last home was in the center of the path of the big one that went thru Harvest. Close friends of ours in Anderson Hills had their home totaled for the second time in 18 years. They're done in that area. We've been working in a small community back off Railroad Bed Road that pretty much got obliterated. Go Navy Seals!!

Thanks, Dennis.
Yes, Tennman - Anderson Hills seems to draw tornadoes! The Piggly Wiggly out there is just a rubble heap. They deserve a break! I have a house at Old RR Bed Rd and Capshaw Rd - minimal damage to houses in that hood but power poles, lines and transformers are on ground. Thanks for your volunteer efforts. Doug

snowleopard said:
NW Fuels said:
There are 38 cases sold I need to sell 4 more.
Make that three more.

Suggestion: you might think about slapping on a shipping label explaining to the folks using them that they can break these in half to make them go further. Even if people at the distribution points are splitting cases, they could mention this when they pass them out. I've seen mention on here that people light fires using half a firestarter, so if that also works on charcoal, your shipment would effectively be doubled. The end users might not be aware of that or thinking these things through right now.

I had to cook on a little tabletop grill one summer during a kitchen upgrade. It's fine when it's not raining, not much fun when it is. At least we had a house in which to take the food and eat. These will make life just a little bit easier under some very tough circumstances.

Thank you snowleopard! A quarter cake should start a teepee of BBQ charcoal.

Thank you Snowleopard,

We will have directions in the box explaining to break in quarter's for BBQ's.

How about some ideas as to what you would like us to say on your case of Super Cedars. I am thinking of a 4"X6" label. It could say something like donated by your first Name, City and State. There will be room for more text.

If I could ask you donors to email [email protected] your label info today or it will go blank. These are shipping tomorrow.

3 cases left to sponsor

Thomas

Thomas is peparing this pallet for shipment tomorrow, hearthers...just a couple more cases needing a sponsor @ $45 per. Rick

OK, now I will have a interview with the Ron and Don show on 97.3 Kiro radio. I find this more difficult then making Super Cedars. I will give the Hearth community a great plug for making this happen. Some of you might be familiar with this news talk show,they have a national following.
Thomas

It doesn't look like live radio is possible, but it appears that they have pod casts from the previous days show. Let us know when your segment is on Thomas, I would like to catch it tomorrow.

Podcasts:
The Ron and Don Show

Jags said:
It doesn't look like live radio is possible, but it appears that they have pod casts from the previous days show. Let us know when your segment is on Thomas, I would like to catch it tomorrow.

Podcasts:
The Ron and Don Show

+1 Yeah, I checked their website too, and saw no live streaming option available. Rick

Jags, I always thought they did a live show to the masses. They always referred to the Ron and Don nation. I will keep you updated this afternoon after the interview.

Thomas

NW Fuels said:
Jags, I always thought they did a live show to the masses. They always referred to the Ron and Don nation. I will keep you updated this afternoon after the interview.

Thomas

Very likely they do, but that would be over the radio waves. Those of us outside of the stations reach have to depend on the internet to get it, and it appears that there is no live interweb connection to that station.

I told her I would be available this afternoon,
she said she is flying to Alabama tomorrow and it needed to be done today. The show airs from 3:00pm until 7:00pm daily. I believe it will air today, she has about a 10 minute slot on the show. Rachael Belle on Ron and Don.

fossil said:
I think maybe I got something here:

http://mynorthwest.com/category/listen_live/

What time's the interview, Thomas? Rick

ETA: Yeah, man, I'm listening to 97.3 KIRO FM live right now.

Way to go Rick.
Now- to figure out the time change (carry the one, multiply times 3 - ahh..your a GMT -5)

Jags said:
fossil said:

Way to go Rick.
Now- to figure out the time change (carry the one, multiply times 3 - ahh..your a GMT -5)

It's 8 Bells here right now, shipmate...figger it out. %-P

fossil said:
Jags said:
fossil said:

Way to go Rick.

It's 8 Bells here right now, shipmate...figger it out. %-P

Thanks for that Rick, I was WAAAY off. You are at GMT -8 (2 hours behind me)

We just received confimation from Roadrunner transportation that they will cover the shipping charges. This just saved a bunch so we added 6 more cases.

The radio interview could of gone better, but she promises to clean it up for me. It will air sometime on Ron and Don in the ring my Belle segment.

I suggest waiting until tomorrow if these 2 guy's are to much to handle 4 hours of. 3:00-7:00pm

Thomas

NW Fuels said:
We just received confimation from Roadrunner transportation that they will cover the shipping charges. This just saved a bunch so we added 6 more cases...

How cool is that? Good for Roadrunner! Rick

Disappointing broadcast. No mention of Hearth.com and she reported 1700 firestarters instead of the 4,580 shipped.

More interested in hearing her own voice I guess.
Thomas

No biggie, Thomas. What you're doing, with a little help from your friends, is a good thing to do. The folks we're doing it for weren't listening to her anyway. Rick

Agreed Fossil (Rick)...... We know how many cases there were. Kudos for a company that still reaches out to those in need and to all of those at Hearth.com that pitched in.

NW Fuels said:
I agree with you Rick, but I got caught up in this frenzy of bringing people together for a cause.

Thanks for all your support.

And thank you, Thomas.

Status
Not open for further replies.