Hearth.com is everywhere!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
Went to the UPS store in a neighboring town today to send some Xmas gifts to Canada. The usual - Peanuts from Plow and Hearth. So the guy behind the counter casually asks if I am in the peanut business - I answer "no, look at the addresses, I am in the fireplace biz".

"Oh" he answers "a retail store"?

"No" I said "These guys are advertisers on my web site- see the return address, Creators of Hearth.com".

"Hearth.com!" he exclaims "Do you have something to do with that site?".

"Sure, I'm the writer, programmer, chief cook and bottle washer".

So he goes on to tell me that he spent a lot of time on the site asking questions about an old Resolute that he has, and how he really wants to upgrade to a Jotul Oslo. He said he got EVERY question answered here.

He went on to say that he was possibly interested in getting in the business! His family owns the UPS franchise, but he's been doing it 10 years, and he is a young guy and really likes the stove biz. I told him to look me up anytime...they have my info in their computers!

Small world, and a neat experience running into a "user" when not expecting it!

lol.. thats cool.. i know i have told a few people about the site after i found it...

Us Jerzy boz are well known......both good & bad. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.