Hearthstone Heritage 8024 Lower Primary Air / Seafoam Enamel Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TPPerlman

Dec 13, 2020
Eastern Long Island
Morning folks, we just got our new Heritage stove in seafoam and it is a real beauty. The brochure doesn't do any justice.

I just have two quick questions though...

1). The manual (p23) mentions a lower primary air opening to be kept clear, but I don't know where it actually is. It says, "When reloading the stove, try to keep an open path behind the Lower Primary Air Opening (LPAO). It is helpful to leave a small valley in the coal bed behind the LPAO to ensure faster relighting."

2). We would like to see about getting a matching stove pipe in the seafoam color if anyone is aware. Stove bright sells a touch up kit, but we haven't been able to find it in high temp spray enamel.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

--Phil

20201211_075000.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Highbeam
LPAO sounds like the doghouse. Unless something significant changed from the older heritage versions, it's the bump in the frame right behind the bottom center of the front door. There's a hole on the back side pointing towards the center of the firebox

LPAO sounds like the doghouse. Unless something significant changed from the older heritage versions, it's the bump in the frame right behind the bottom center of the front door. There's a hole on the back side pointing towards the center of the firebox

Ha, yes it does! Precisely where you said it would be. Don't know how I missed it ‍thinking it would be in the back. Thank you @orlkc !

That is a nice looking install. I like the way that the rear tiles hint at the stove color. Stove Brite has 3 blues - from the greyish metallic blue, sky blue, and the more saturated -patriot blue. While not a direct match for the stove color, it looks like the sky or metallic blue pick up on the back tiles color.

You might also want to look at Thurmalox high temp paint colors to see how they match. Their 270-19M Metallic Blue looks close.

Last edited:
That is a nice looking install. I like the way that the rear tiles hint at the stove color. Stove Brite has 3 blues - from the greyish metallic blue, sky blue, and the more saturated -patriot blue. While not a direct match for the stove color, it looks like the sky or metallic blue pick up on the back tiles color.

You might also want to look at Thurmalox high temp paint colors to see how they match. Their 270-19M Metallic Blue looks close.

Thank you for the info, @begreen! We saw the tiles at Floor a d Decor and fell in love right away. We live on the bay so we wanted something nautical rather than classical. We'll research the paint colors, but so far Stove Bright has been unresponsive and Hearthstone doesn't make custom pipes... would be nice to have a factory match.

Resurrecting this thread because I am soon to be the proud owner of a Seafoam Green Hearthstone Heritage. @TPPerlman did you have any luck color matching the pipe?

Any tips for a new Heritage Seafoam owner. Production was held up because of casting color problems and I've been waiting for almost 2 years. But the Hearthstone said they've resolved the issue and are starting manufacturing again.