Hearthstone Heritage I Model #8021 - Glass Retainer Clips & Screws

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

FaygoPop

Oct 3, 2022
Mid, MI
My house has a Hearthstone Heritage I Model #8021 in the living room. The thing is awesome. I read the manual (a good 30-page read) and a bunch of sites/forums,/reddit online about wood stoves. Based on what I read, I decided it was a good idea to clean everything very well and replace a few worn or broken parts before this winter. I also changed out the gaskets on everything after the "Dollar Bill" test showed some gaps.

The only thing I can't find is the item below to retain the glass. It looks like I have three broken clips and two screws I will have to drill out and tap.
5021-060 Glass Retention Clips, screw, and glass clip pad.

The one place I found them wants about $13 per screw, which seems high. Does anyone know what the metal is for the screw and clip? I might try to make my own clips and see if I can get the screws from the hardware store and save some money. Or of a place that sells a universal type item?

This is my last hurdle in getting the stove running for the winter.

Thank you for the info. That site is kind of steep too for what I would consider standard hardware. $10 for one piece of felt the size of a penny, and $14 for on clip the size of a quarter. Over $75 dollars with shipping. I hope the clip comes with the screw, I will email them to find out. I am headed to the hardware store today to see if I can find an alternative. I plan to use some of the leftover gaskets to make the glass clip gasket.

QTY: 53B- Glass Clip Gasket [8 required per unit, each sold separately] (3120-021) +$10.65

QTY: 53C- Glass Retention Clip [8 required per unit, each sold separately] (5021-060) +$14.34

The glass clip pad is not felt. That is a ceramic fiber pad that can tolerate the high temps seen in the firebox. You may be able to get a square of 1/8" ceramic fiber material and cut your own pads with scissors.

Reactions: FaygoPop