Hearthstone Mansfield on it's way

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks great. Glad you got it hammered out with the inspector.

I am surprised though at the distance behind the stove to the floor. Maybe that is in spec. I would feel more comfortable though if there was a heat shield on the back of the stove.

I know my brick wall (which is closer than your set up) gets very hot.

Now you get to enjoy the heat of your work.

I read a recent item about ashes, you are most likely getting to know that the ash pan and grate are a pain. Anyway, we have a smaller galvanized pail with cover (little garbage can) that we bring in and scoop out several shovels of ashes. There always are smaller coals, different from the VC stove, but we just shovel it in. The improved efficiency of the Mansfield makes throwing out a few coals a non issue.

Anyway, the thing I read today pointed out that when the load burns down at night it leaves ash in front and coals in the rear.
They also suggested that was the time to scoop out a few shovels. Then do a normal load, pulling the coals forward to the door and load in the rear and on top of the coals.

Status
Not open for further replies.