Hearthstone Shelburne: Shortest Burn Season?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanCorcoran

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 5, 2010
Richmond, VA
Well, after ordering the stove on December 31 (to qualify for the sale price), it was finally installed on March 31 (neither I nor installers could access cabin due to snow before then). I built the three small "curing" fires for the cast iron that afternoon and night. The next morning, April 1, the low temperature was 54 degrees. I managed to get a nice fire going with secondaries and good draft, but didn't let it burn for long, as I didn't want to roast in the cabin the rest of the day.

I guess one fire would be in the running for "shortest burn season", huh?

Attachments

• Small Copy of DSCF3587.jpg
    Small Copy of DSCF3587.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Small Copy of DSCF3583.jpg
    Small Copy of DSCF3583.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 212
looks like a really nice install and shack you have there . You always have the option of opening the windows , been there done that .

Status
Not open for further replies.