Heat commander vs kuuma vapor fire100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I agree with Highbeam ,do the math 500 gallons of propane a year. Your heat load is low and could be meet with a much smaller unit costing much less money. Both units sound like solid performer but might be overkill in your application. I can kill a squirrel with a 30-06 , but usually just use the 22lr when squirrel hunting. Not trying to step on anyone choice in equipment, just looking at the application and the choices seem large .

I agree with Highbeam ,do the math 500 gallons of propane a year. Your heat load is low and could be meet with a much smaller unit costing much less money. Both units sound like solid performer but might be overkill in your application. I can kill a squirrel with a 30-06 , but usually just use the 22lr when squirrel hunting. Not trying to step on anyone choice in equipment, just looking at the application and the choices seem large .

If he wants a central whole home heating device which burns wood, those are his only two options. Once Lamppa starts to make the VF200 again, that's also a possibility.

The only other option being that you wait and see about the Caddy Advanced/Advanced CR. But that furnace is based on the HC so it’s very similar. I’m in the market to replace my old Jensen and so I’m in the same boat.

Hey guys been a while since my last post but a new baby in the house is to blame! I actually put the order in for the kuuma on Wednesday, I can’t say enough about the people at Lampa mfg very nice to talk to and dale was super helpful, I plan on being in this house for the rest of my life so I wanted a furnace that would last a long time so the kuuma seemed like the right choice.