Heat & Glo NG Fireplace wont ignite from the light switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

motoracer51

Nov 2, 2014
Colorado
I have a Heat & Glo NG Fireplace Model ST-HV-IPI. Was installed in the house when we bought it.

I'm having a problem with it. When I turn the light switch on, the illuminated embers/logs light up, but the ignition isn't activated. (I don't her the "clicking" of the igniter.)

When I open the access panel below the fireplace, and turn off, then on, the switch for "Flame Control" it ignites the fire, usually by the 2 or 3 switch. I clearly her the igniter "clicking" roughly 1/sec until it lights.

I have another Heat & Glo fireplace in my bedroom ( Model # SL-550TR-D ) that works perfectly. Turn the switch on, and it fires up, although it doesn't have the illuminated embers/logs.

Any help? Closest Heat & Glo dealer is 100+ miles away and a service call is rather expensive.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Go here & see if the info is pertinent...

aplusair.ca/wp-content/uploads/Intellifire-troubleshooting-guide.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.