Heat n Glo Modern 6000 pilot light solenoid problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

joshuaeven

Nov 17, 2021
Austin, TX
Hello everyone! We had a HeatnGlo Modern 6000 istalled a little over a year ago. It's been working great until last week, when it wouldn't start. I opened it up, did the normal restart stuff (switched from 'remote' to 'off', waited a few minutes and back to 'remote'. This time, however, we got a different error code. 2 red 1 green, which signified 'Pilot solenoid not detected.'
I'm having A LOT of trouble finding a service company in Austin, TX. Lot's of chimey sweeps, but no gas fireplace service options that I've been able to find.
Any help to get this thing up and running again would be super appreciated!

Model 6000CMOD-IFT

Thank you!

Hello everyone! We had a HeatnGlo Modern 6000 istalled a little over a year ago. It's been working great until last week, when it wouldn't start. I opened it up, did the normal restart stuff (switched from 'remote' to 'off', waited a few minutes and back to 'remote'. This time, however, we got a different error code. 2 red 1 green, which signified 'Pilot solenoid not detected.'
I'm having A LOT of trouble finding a service company in Austin, TX. Lot's of chimey sweeps, but no gas fireplace service options that I've been able to find.
Any help to get this thing up and running again would be super appreciated!

Model 6000CMOD-IFT

Thank you!
There is a small orange wire on the wiring harness that connects to the left side, front of the gas valve. This is the wire that supply's voltage to the pilot solenoid. Make sure that this is properly connected to the small male spade connector on the pilot solenoid. If it is properly connected and you still get the error, you will need to check the voltage.

Attachments

• IPIPlus_TroubleshootingGuide.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 328