Heat power fan?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yes they work but they dont move that much air. And yes they will work on a soapstone stove

2 quick questions.

1: Do they work?

2: Will they work with a soapstone stove?

i have a sterling engine stove top fan

it is quiet and kind of mesmerizing to watch the mechanism in action

do they move a lot of air, no, but not that i really need it for that, their is fan kit mounted in the rear heat shield.

actually it does'nt run forever in the lowest setting (blaze king stove) they will eventually come to halt.

the teg unit are much cheaper, and maybe work better with less temperature differencial?, i dont know.

I have this fan and it works just fine.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018G9ZKBK/?tag=hearthamazon-20

20171031_233545.jpg

I just got that same one for $30 on a flash sale the other day. Figured if I don't like it, I'll pull out the fan motor and turn it into a stovelight or a (slow) stove cellphone charger.