heat pump vs wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Will the line set of your split system heat pump run through a conditioned space the entirety of the 30 feet or will it be in unconditioned space like an attic ? In either case, a well insulated line set will protect against a drop in efficiency. Heat transfer in a conditioned space is not near the issue of degrading efficiency as heat transfer where none is intended.

Some of this is strictly preference, but I personally like the mini splits when possible.
The gas pipes,
they pass across the floor,
and below I have the basement for 2 people heated with a wood stove.
Basically, there are no external exposures.
I had the opportunity to see two splits in another house,
the best brand one with 15 feet of tubing, leak-free interior,
which, in cooling, does produce little condensation water compared to another worse brand with motor,
behind,
which instead creates rivers of condensation water,
and then I go around in circles.
Installing more splits would be less work,
but more remote controls, perhaps with programming there shouldn't be big differences in management.