Heat Saver Radiator / Exchanger Rings?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummm, don't bother

Theoretically by increasing the surface area of the pipe, it would increase the amount of heat that can be transferred in a given period of time. Think of it as a heat sink. How effective is it, and is it worth the cost is another question. I'm inclined to pass.

When used on more modern wood stoves it drops the flue temps so far that creosote forms to dangerous levels very quickly.

Reactions: P38X2
And what PV has 500-700 external temps!?..or internal for that matter. ...and don't say the Wiseway... that doesn't count ;)

Thank you all. I'm inclined to pass.

Q
Can I use a Magic Heat Reclaimer on my pellet stove?

A You could, but it wouldn’t be worth your while. Pellet stoves are already so efficient at extracting the maximum heat from pellets that installing this unit would really not increase its efficiency enough to warrant this purchase.

pellet stoves should never have flue stream temps above 500F plus ambient temp. this is the internal measurement of the air passing out of the connection at the stove. outer temps would be much lower so scrubbing heat off the skin of the pipe would be just about worthless one would have to tap the heat in the stream of the vent to get any heat and this could compremise the flow in that vent which is critical for proper burning.

i wouldnt consider a reclaimer on a pellet vent

Status
Not open for further replies.