Heated Air Path - Harman P-38/61/68 Pellet Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencible

Dec 6, 2005
Can anyone describe how the heated air flows from the firebox point in the above stoves? I know in the Harman Advance I had, it went up from the firebox, then behind the "brick" panel, and the small panels in front of the accordian heat exchanger in the back, down to the combustion exhaust blower.

In the P-68 I have, I see the accordian heat exchangers on the top, but I'm wondering what the path is to the combustion exhaust blower. Any hidden surfaces to clean, or just brush off the inside of the visible stove??

No, that's the beauty of the P38/P61/P68 and the PC-45 (corn stove built on the P61 chassis). What you see is all there is, so you can clean all the surfaces back to the way they were when the stove was new. There is a small door that you remove behind the ash pan to see the combustion blower. You will need to clean that fan blade with an old tooth brush periodically. I believe there is a cleaning procedure for this stove on the Harman website. www.harmanstoves.com.

****No, that’s the beauty of the P38/P61/P68 and the PC-45 (corn stove built on the P61 chassis). What you see is all there is, so you can clean all the surfaces back to the way they were when the stove was new. There is a small door that you remove behind the ash pan to see the combustion blower.

Great, thanks! I replaced my Harman Advance with the P-68 and was in such a hurry to install it I didn't give it a good lookover before firing it up. The advance had the same type of combustion blower door so I'm familiar with that.

I wondered if I was missing an air pathway as the fines go straight up so I thought there might be a pathway somewhere that pulled the fire up, such as the Advance had.

I guess it was hard to believe that this stove is so easy to clean. Just brush it down into the ash pan, empty that and brush out the combustion blower area.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.