heathstone mansfield?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matty180

Dec 26, 2008
NY
I am looking at a used hearthstone stove but the woman does not know which model it is. She told me it is approx 10 years old but not sure. She thinks it is a mansfield but it has a side door. Did a mansfield ever come with a side door and did the older ones have a cat on them? What is a reasonable price for one. She is asking $1500 which seems high for this stove. I was thinking more like $800-$100. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks Matt

t's not a mansfield if it is a CAT w/ a side load... they never made the mansfield w/ a CAT or a side door... lets see a pic..

1500$ is lot unless this thing is really pretty. It will be EPA certified which is good.

Its a hearthstone Harvest model (the precursor to the heritage edition).

Summit,
Thanks for the info. From what I read the harvest it is not a good stove. I really want to buy a brand new PE Summit stove but just can't find myself to pull the trigger. Any complaints with yours?

matt

Status
Not open for further replies.