Heatilator Ecochoice cab50 ignitor not lighting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

StacyLynn

Dec 18, 2021
Altmar, NY
Hi all! I have a question regarding my ecochoice cab50 ignitor not lighting. I am starting to think it may be a control box issue please advise.

The other day I started as usual and came back to a firebox full of pellets. So I thoroughly cleaned the stove and tried again. Ignitor was not glowing. I ordered a new ignitor and re installed. I have checked every connection, blew out vacuum switch hose and the new ignitor does the same thing as the old ignitor. The old ignitor didn't seem to have any of the normal look of a bad ignitor so I am assuming that I do not have two bad ignitors. Stove is feeding pellets. Upon start up my red call light is on, my control box flashes the blue light the normal 2 times. There is a red light inside the control box that is on that is above the flashing blue light. I cannot find anywhere if this red light is supposed to be on or not, my father has the same stove and his does not display this red light on start up. The Any help would be greatly appreciated. The cumbustion blower is on upon start up, the convection blower is not. I don't remember if it normally is or not. Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
blinking red light in control box is tell you the thermocouple has failed and its time to replace it

blinking red light in control box is tell you the thermocouple has failed and its time to replace it
BF saw it blink, but it only happened the one time. Now its on solid. I did order a new thermocouple and ceramic cover figuring that was hopefully the issue. The ceramic cover does not look real great. Should I try just replacing the cover first with the old thermocouple or just go ahead and replace both? Could it possibly be just the ceramic cover? The thermocouple itself looks fine? Worst case scenario was I would have an extra.

Normally a tc failure is an amber light right? If you have a red light on continuously, and nothing else works, I'm thinking its prob the control board. Thats the red light that comes on on the control board when startup is done and the tc is reading 600 degrees in the burnpot?? Sounds like a control board issue...

Normally a tc failure is an amber light right? If you have a red light on continuously, and nothing else works, I'm thinking its prob the control board. Thats the red light that comes on on the control board when startup is done and the tc is reading 600 degrees in the burnpot?? Sounds like a control board issue...
SOLVED!!!! Ordered a thermocouple and the ceramic tip. On a hunch just relaced the ceramic tip on old TC as the TC looked fine. Red light immediately went out and stove fired as normal. That's a win!