Heatilator EcoChoice won't stay lit...Please help!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

gurso11

Oct 17, 2018
NH
Hi all,

I am the (not so proud at the moment) owner of a less than 1 year old heatilator eco choice. The problem I have been having is, when I set the temp, it will feed, and light, but will not continue to feed until the desired temperature, and will not stay lit. On the back left side of the stove, there is a flashing red/orange light that will flash 3x every couple of seconds. Any thoughts, or am I doomed to pay the guy $300 to come out and look?

Thanks all that respond!

Try taking the ceramic thermocouple cover off (above the firepot) and tapping out any ash. You may have to loosen the 7/16 bolt that holds it in place. Also when reinstalling cap make sure the tip of the thermocouple touches the end of the cap for best heat transfer.

Try taking the ceramic thermocouple cover off (above the firepot) and tapping out any ash. You may have to loosen the 7/16 bolt that holds it in place. Also when reinstalling cap make sure the tip of the thermocouple touches the end of the cap for best heat transfer.
Thanks for this, but have already done it. Is it it likely that I would need to do this more than once?

Is the flashing light the LED within the module?

The one that usually turns a constant red once up to temperature?

When it starts flashing red/orange I'm assuming this has been after a failed start up and flame die down event. Usually a yellow color Indicates a faulty thermocouple. If you have a multi meter try measuring how many millimeters volts it puts out when heated with a lighter directly on thermocouple end. Should be near 15mV I believe