heatilator ps 50 feed problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigpaw

Jan 1, 2014
north east georgia
I have a ps 50 that stopped feeding last night so I go thru the trouble shooting guide still nothing I have cleaned the t/c removed the auger and checked for clogging, made sure the snap disc were not tripped,cleaned vacum tube and vacuum switch so im thinking its the control board or the feed motor even the reset on back will not start the auger would be thankful for any ideas that I may have over looked

How long since the venting has been cleaned? Try the folded-over dollar bill test on the door...if it pulls out relatively easily,the door needs to be tightened.....If you hadn't taken the auger out already I was going to suggest a straightened metal coathanger pushed gently up thru the pellet chute in the firebox will clear a pellet obstruction..We are newbies{2nd full burning season} so I cant be much help with the electrical side of things....Hopefully this bump up will get you some more suggestions.....

This is getting weird. There were 2 others in the past couple weeks that the auger wouldn't work and it was the control board.

Which troubleshooting guide? The manual or the one titled "PELLET STOVE SERVICE MANUAL"?

Walk me through this:

Stat calls for heat. Fan turns on. You see the blinking light?
Do pellets drop then for the initial lighting or nada at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.