Heikinpaiva

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mr._Graybeard

Feeling the Heat
Apr 27, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
In the U.P. they say "the bear is turning over." I.e., he's halfway done hibernating, and the winter is winding down. I've gone through about 2-1/2 tons of pellets, got 1-1/2 tons left. Looks like I'll have to go shopping.

Just saw that Menards in Waukesha has Somerset pellets. Haven't seen those at a Menards down in SE Wi in a LONG time.

I often pick up a ton or two at Menards about this time. Usually by now they're out of the mediocre Marth pellets and have to go up a peg. Somersets would be up TWO pegs. Plus, I expect to see their 11% rebate deal soon.

I actually made the switch to the Menards "Super Premium Marth Pine" pellets this heating season. Got them on 11pct rebate and I've really been liking them a lot.

I actually made the switch to the Menards "Super Premium Marth Pine" pellets this heating season. Got them on 11pct rebate and I've really been liking them a lot.
Did you special order those? I like to walk through the yard when getting pellets from Menards so I know what they're selling. I've never seen softwood pellets in stock. (This is at Johnson Creek.)

In WI you have to special order them. 1 skid minimum. The quoted lead time was accurate on the Menards website and they arrived at the West Bend store for pickup after about 10 days. They burn really nice for me. Clean and HOT. Took a leap after I had marginal results from some Somersets last year. I had been burning Somerset for like 10yrs with great satisfaction prior to last year.

Yeah I had been buying from Jeff S. in Iron Ridge for a while.

He had to move to a new location last time I bought from him, and he no longer has indoor covered storage for his skids. That and perhaps my first disappointing experience with Somersets performance made me want to try out the Marth softwoods. I'll definitely buy them again. In fact, I just spent the $35 rebate slip that the skid of softies netted me at Menards.
🙂