Hello from Okanagan Wood Pellets!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

OkieDude

Apr 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Hey Guys,

By way of introduction, my name is Chris and I am the new Director of Sales for Okanagan Pellets! I just wanted to hop on here to introduce myself and help answer any questions you may have regarding the Okanagan brand. I know there has been some confusion regarding the Okanagan brand over the past several months. I will help to clarify some of this confusion.

As a resident of NH and a faithful pellet stove user, I understand the importance and value of quality wood pellet fuel. And I’m very excited to represent one of the industry’s best brands!

I plan to be extremely busy in the next couple months organizing special events for Okanagan customers where I hope to meet some of you personally. I’ll post updates to this forum as the schedule gets finalized.

If you have any questions or would like to try Okanagan pellets, feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected]

I look forward to participating in this very helpful forum community!

Welcome. I look forward to seeing some DF in MA this year. I will inquire at your email to the location of your dealers in my area.

There has been much discussion and speculation, so your input will be very welcome!

Reactions: OkieDude
It doesn't matter much if at all to me about Oakies, unless they arrange a significant price drop for SE MA. A lot of questions remain and while they were a very good pellet, so are a lot of others for less money. Our dealer down here at one point in time had a bag of DF priced at $10 a bag and their summer sale, they thought was a great bargain at $425 a ton. I'm sorry but I know how to clean my stove, so if some other pellet is even close on heat and needs a bit more cleaning then I'll buy those. So I hope something has changed.

Reactions: bogieb and rich2500
It doesn't matter much if at all to me about Oakies, unless they arrange a significant price drop for SE MA. A lot of questions remain and while they were a very good pellet, so are a lot of others for less money. Our dealer down here at one point in time had a bag of DF priced at $10 a bag and their summer sale, they thought was a great bargain at $425 a ton. I'm sorry but I know how to clean my stove, so if some other pellet is even close on heat and needs a bit more cleaning then I'll buy those. So I hope something has changed.
I totally understand your frustration. Pricing for CT is tough with the max weights being at 24tons and the DF already traveling 3K+ miles. This is something we realize and are actively working to remedy. Feel free to email me, and I can work on getting you a dealer with the best available pricing - [email protected]

I totally understand your frustration. Pricing for CT is tough with the max weights being at 24tons and the DF already traveling 3K+ miles. This is something we realize and are actively working to remedy. Feel free to email me, and I can work on getting you a dealer with the best available pricing - [email protected]
Actually I'm not frustrated at all, I just moved on. It's not like there aren't other dealers or pellets out there. I do wish you success though !

Reactions: OkieDude
Just make sure you don't forget my dealer (Kirley Masonary in Mansfield MA) when you start shipping again. I only have about 10 bags of Douglas Firs left and didn't know what brand to go with next year....

Just make sure you don't forget my dealer (Kirley Masonary in Mansfield MA) when you start shipping again. I only have about 10 bags of Douglas Firs left and didn't know what brand to go with next year....
Absolutely - I have already dropped off product with Eric. Please let me know if you need anything else!

Reactions: fmsm and bogieb
Have you guys considered train transportation across the country ? You then could do thousands of tons per trip. Not sure if it's any more cost effective but one might think so.

Have you guys considered train transportation across the country ?
Isn't that how they get here?

Not speaking out of line, but I think he means that transportation in Connecticut
is a little pricey because of the weight limit on trucks...
They travel the 3,000 miles by train....?

Dan

I used to like okies, and when D**g was in charge he always gave us a heads up.

But there are so many other good pellets in our area I'm fine with it tell you the truth. The firs burn good but I like Vermonts and they are only 100 miles away and okies are 3000.

And a lot of northern neighbors have great pellets and we can always get them.

its all logistics and I get that. But even with train and freight they were still to much. I believe it's either Gulford or CSX that would get them to palmer mass?

But if oil stays where it is u never know it's cheaper then pellets.

Cheers!

But even with train and freight they were still to much
But don't forget.... they were talking Douglas Fir.....
Not much of that on our side of the country!
If you want those.... they are riding 3000 miles to get here..

Dan

Agree, but so many more pellets to choose from. I could get blazers and those burn awesome, trumans hard wood were just as good as THE OLD CUBEX.

Hey we have lots of options if you want to find what burns good in your stove. That's not a bad thing!

Hey we have lots of options if you want to find what burns good in your stove. That's not a bad thing!
That is what we always say....
Try a few bags of anything you can get your hands on,
and see what works for you...
;)

Dan
(I see you use La Crete.... smart guy!!)

I will just stick with Northern Warmth Brand - Bringing In Bear Mountain Douglas Fir this year in the Purple Bag! Doug always treats me right!

We're in times where home heating oil is $1.90 per gal or so. So $8,$9,$10 a bag pellets are totally off my radar, when I can heat my house with oil or TSC pellets for $4.79 a bag and do a little more cleaning. So these Oakies are DF, so what. I don't buy diesel fuel for my oil burner either but I suppose I could, and pay more for it, it would burn a little bit cleaner..

Last edited:
Purple bag? Are you thinking of Okanagan Douglas Fir?
Northern Warmth Supreme Douglas Fir ( Bear Mountain) will be in a Purple bag this season. Along with Purely Pine (Gold) and Super Spruce (Blue Bag) and Purcell Doug Fir (Green Bag). From the Original Okie Guy!