Help adjusting feeder

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tony45power

Jan 16, 2011
longisland ny
I have been burning okanagan pellets in my accentra insert. Since i started burning these my house has been so much warmer! great heat but! it seams like the pellets are not burning quick enough. They are still red hot and the feeder is pushing new pellets in. The flames seam to high also. I had the feed rate at 3 now i turned it to 2, is this too low? everyone i talk to says set it at 4.

Are unburnt pellets being pushed over the edge?

Harmans are designed to burn pellets completly. That is one of the many benefits of a Harman stove. As long as unburned pellets are not being pushed over the edge the unit that the unit is fine. When the unit is burning you should have bright yellow flames with no black tips on the end. If you feel the flame is to high you are able to turn the flame height down with the feed adjustment on your control Board.
If the Okanagan pellets are the ones coming from Kelowna than they are a good quality pellet.

Ash going over the edge is what you want.

Setting your feed rate at 2 is going to limit the output of your stove.

I suggest feed rate on 4 as long as unburnt pellets are not going over the edge.

Big flame=big heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.