Help...another question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WellSeasoned

Stove pipe temp at the moment with an Ir meter shows 1 foot above the stove 230 deg, halfway up, 200, and the at the connection with ceiling mount its goes back up to 230 right above the connection. Should it be hotter up there? I'm nervous because I just put it back together.

2011-12-31143722.gif

Is this your 1st stove? seems like alot of stuff for 17 days burning. I'll let the experts handle this issue.TY

adrpga498 said:
Is this your 1st stove? seems like alot of stuff for 17 days burning. I'll let the experts handle this issue.TY

Sorry for the confusing pix. Posted the right one for this thread. That bowl of stuff is on another thread now. The correct above picture is where its getting hot again. Just want to make sure this is normal.

It doesn't sound out of line if this with full secondary burn on a fresh load of wood. As I've noted before, double-wall pipe still radiates heat. What is the stove top temp?

BeGreen said:
It doesn't sound out of line if this with full secondary burn on a fresh load of wood. As I've noted before, double-wall pipe still radiates heat. What is the stove top temp?

Stove top 525 (+/-) thx

Poop, I meant to check with the last reload but got distracted. Right now I am reading 500F on the stove top. 162F on the double-wall about 18" above the stove and 125F at the ceiling support.

Is this a straight up pipe or is there an offset?

BeGreen said:
Poop, I meant to check with the last reload but got distracted. Right now I am reading 500F on the stove top. 162F on the double-wall about 18" above the stove and 125F at the ceiling support.

Is this a straight up pipe or is there an offset?

It is straight up. The temps through the drop ceiling are under 100f, as well as the round ceiling support, the father away from the pipe I go toward the outside of ceiling box, the less the temp. Thx for your help.

I just ran a full load of dry fir. Stove top (fan off) at 760F, pipe at 18" 355F, at the top 198F. Living room is too hot, but that's ok, we'll be heading out in a couple hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.