Help , help , oh help! Newbie selecting wood insert....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like my Lopi Republic, which looks and acts a little bit more like a freestanding stove than a lot of inserts do. If I had the additional $ I would have made it a Lopi Revere, which has the nicer looking door. I like that it is NOT flush and sticks out quite a bit, makes for more radiant heat in the room and if the power goes off, and you can also cook on it if you want to. The firebox is over 2 feet so it doesn't require frequent reloading.

T, another plus of that is if your fan craps out, you can use a floor fan aimed at the glass to bounce the heat off of it. Helped me last year with the fan acting up.

Thank you one and all for your suggestions. We are having the Pacific Energy Vista insert installed on sunday....woo hoo. Any Vista fans out there?

One right here. I love my Vista insert. It's easy to use, tough and puts out a lot of heat for its size. No, it won't heat the whole house or burn all night (thought it comes close), but as a supplemental heater, it's great. Let me know if you have any questions as you get started burning with it.

Hi Meg !! I can vouch for my Pacific insert, which is the next size up. Very good heater.

*the 13 is too :) *

Status
Not open for further replies.