HELP Id manufacture and maybe model #?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greggo

May 1, 2016
CT. USA
Yep, did some “dumpster diving”.
A house in our neighborhood was sold and being renovated and they tossed this working (we knew previous owners) propane direct vent fireplace and I grabbed it.
There is NO model number or any manufacture plate.
Can you help me with a model number or at least manufacture?
clues:
The glass is hinged at one side then 4 buckles (2 on top, 2 on bottom)
there are only 4 logs and they are light in weight (unlike heat n glo)
there is a top and sides in the firebox that are "brick looking” and are heavy like briquette material
there is a mesh screen
the burner is flat and not a typical tube
the direct vent is on the 45 degree (between the top and back)
the top and bottom louvers have brass accent (guessing on age of last house renovation -installed year 1999-2001)

THNAKS!
2njk2ag.jpg
2rh2u87.jpg
15rh5j4.jpg

Yep, did some “dumpster diving”.
A house in our neighborhood was sold and being renovated and they tossed this working (we knew previous owners) propane direct vent fireplace and I grabbed it.
There is NO model number or any manufacture plate.
Can you help me with a model number or at least manufacture?
clues:
The glass is hinged at one side then 4 buckles (2 on top, 2 on bottom)
there are only 4 logs and they are light in weight (unlike heat n glo)
there is a top and sides in the firebox that are "brick looking” and are heavy like briquette material
there is a mesh screen
the burner is flat and not a typical tube
the direct vent is on the 45 degree (between the top and back)
the top and bottom louvers have brass accent (guessing on age of last house renovation -installed year 1999-2001)

THANKS!
View attachment 178480
View attachment 178481
View attachment 178482

What information is on the plate/sticker that is visible on the bottom right side of the valve cavity?
It's not legible in the pix.

IMG_0206.jpg
IMG_0208.jpg
What information is on the plate/sticker that is visible on the bottom right side of the valve cavity?
It's not legible in the pix.
IMG_0206.jpg IMG_0208.jpg
THANKS for the reply!
that sticker does have a P/N number 55846 but I think thats just the control valve #??
There is also another sticker on top with P/N 55240 which I think is related to the vent system ??
Just on visuals and googling I think its in the Desa family?, but cant find a model that has the flat burner

Those numbers may be the part numbers for the stickers themselves.
Did you look in the upper corners inside the glass doors to see if a rating
plate was riveted to the box in that location? That was a popular location
to mount them...

Those numbers may be the part numbers for the stickers themselves.
Did you look in the upper corners inside the glass doors to see if a rating
plate was riveted to the box in that location? That was a popular location
to mount them...

jut checked again, nothing riveted. There is a short pieces of ball chain (kind of chain used for military dog tags) attached on the bottom right - I am guessing there was a information tag attached that got lost along the way. I was hoping someone would recognize the flat burner and say "yeah, thats like my -------".

TAHNKS!

Yeah, those chains are used for the rating plates in a LOT of units. There are a couple of other gas guys who are still at their day jobs that should be checking in later. One of them may be of further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.