Help Identifying insert and then how to fix fan? (with picture)

mg93108 Posted By mg93108, May 20, 2018 at 2:25 PM

1. mg93108

mg93108
    New Member 2.
    NULL

May 20, 2018
    Loc:
    Santa Barbara California
    Hi

Can anyone tell me about this woodstove insert?

I have a crazy noisy fan. I'm guessing the bearings are finally shot. It's an old insert. I bought it used for $250 and at first the built-in fan was just fine but it's gotten more noisy with time. It would be super loud when we would first turn on the fan, after the insert was hot, but then it would quiet down in a couple of minutes. But now it's just loud all the time. It's definitely an older non airtight wood stove insert but I have no idea which one.

Who makes this stove and what model is it?

Here's a pic. There is a fan switch (you can see in pic). It's on the lower right. It has auto high/low or just on/off

Attached Files:

2. rox3406

rox3406
    New Member 2.
    NULL

Nov 5, 2017
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    What was the noise? Rattle and shaking or more of a squeal? If the prior then it could just be very dirty if the latter then the bearing could be going or shot.

Take it out, clean it very well, lube the motor with about 10-20 drops of light-weight oil like 3-n-1.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...