Help identifying my new used stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Fraserfab

Dec 28, 2021
Denver CO
Hello all! My first post here. I got this unique stove off of marketplace. He said he got it mail order about 15 years ago. The only markings are on the door. Stoveworks USA Goodhue MN. Looks like the company closed a number of years ago but I can’t find any info on their products. The door is really small and high up from floor of burn chamber. It also has a hatch on top right presumably for some sort of pellet hopper. If anybody has any info relating to the manufacturer or use of this thing I would appreciate it.

5FCD7C1F-5C39-4130-B9AE-239442BA85AB.jpeg 3341B07E-275C-450B-9E59-CCD1E481637F.jpeg 38FECCB9-47C3-4070-A5C3-83FC9C20662F.jpeg D0E7580D-1C92-471C-9CF1-D8271E87A511.jpeg A109467B-5517-49E1-AE50-8AEC1632B3E1.jpeg

Well, it won't win any beauty contest awards. I'm wondering if the door on the upper right is for cleaning ash off the convection tubes. More like an inspection port.

Reactions: clancey
The beauty award maybe not in your household. For others that may very well be different.

I googled and found something similar, tho in Europe.

Maybe a relation with this could help...?

Well, it won't win any beauty contest awards. I'm wondering if the door on the upper right is for cleaning ash off the convection tubes. More like an inspection port.
Lol I tend to agree, but I am attracted to the quirky stuff. Clean out hatch never crossed my mind. Good thinking.

The beauty award maybe not in your household. For others that may very well be different.

I googled and found something similar, tho in Europe.

Maybe a relation with this could help...?

Your google skills are much better than mine. I wish I could read whatever language that is. I was thinking about how to rig up a fan on the back like that one has. It would probably work really well to disperse the heat

I ran it through google translate:

Price: € 1,200.00
You need additional cash-opt-logo
Viewed: 6619 times
Following: 41 users
Send a message
Vladan I Darko offline
Member since 03.02.2015.
Svilajnac
33 0 Rate
All ads
Add to address book
VAYDER 70kW stove with exhaust for halls of 400m2, boiler plate 4mm laser cut, firebox lined with fireclay brick, two fans, dimensions 1600x770x1140mm. Price 1200e

A smaller version is also available:

HELL BOY EVO 27kW stove - NEW MODEL WITH PIPE CLEANER and exhaust for workshops, halls and greenhouses up to 200m2, boiler plate 3mm laser cut, brick lined firebox, fan,
pipe cleaner, dimensions 1180x500x720mm. Price 420e

9.9.2021 Dear Sirs, we have started the production of the HELLBOY oven for this heating season, the VADER oven is available on the order principle. Secure your stove on time.

For more information call 069 127 91 75.
Previous photo Next photo
Figure 1 - Furnace Vader 70kW for hallsFigure 2 - Furnace Vader 70kW for hallFigure 3 - Furnace Vader 70kW for hallFigure 4 - Furnace Vader 70kW for hallFigure 5 - Furnace Vader 70kW for hallFigure 6 - Furnace Vader 70kW for hallFigure 6 - Furnace Vader 70kW for hallFigure 7 - Furnace 7kW for hallsFigure 7 8 - Vader furnace 70kW for hallsFigure 9 - Vader furnace 70kW for hallsFigure 10 - Vader furnace 70kW for halls

Share on Facebook Twitter | Follow this ad Ignore all ads of this user
Let us know: Wrong category / group Against the rules Safe trade
PreviousNext
Latest ratings for this advertiser

10/14/2021
Zivko
HELL BOY 27kW stove for workshops, halls and greenhouses, etc.
The description from the ad is correct: Yes The communication went well: Yes The agreement was met: Yes
Top cooperation
04/27/2021
Dusan CH Used laptops
Hp ProBook 4740s i5-3230M 8 frame 120ssd two graphics 17.3
Payment / exchange by agreement: Yes Communication went well: Yes Respected agreement: Yes
Everything is ok. ..
Any recommendation for a member.
04/27/2021
Milan NBgd
Caddy drawer holder for 2.5 ”SATA HDD / SSD Laptop 9.5 mm 12.7 mm
Payment / exchange by agreement: Yes Communication went well: Yes Respected agreement: Yes
All in the best order.
Recommendation for cooperation!
02/20/2021
Goran
Epson lq570 + PRO
recommendation for cooperation
01/19/2021
Aleksandar 064 500 30 80 On vacation until 22.12.2021
Samsung 15.6 "LED 1366x768px 40pin PERFECT
All by agreement, my recommendation for cooperation!

Seems (former) Yugoslavia to me.

Hellboy, Vader - some dark stoves there 🧐

Without that port, it might be hard to get creosote off those tubes. That top filled with shiny black creosote Could make an evening real interesting.

What is the reason for the parallel, but not horizontal channels on the front of the stove? Are they air intakes?

To me it looks like the BK Princess cousin!

You people should write a play wrapped around this "stove" if that is what it is called--so funny...It looks like one of those rail road stoves or something? I really don't know but finding this turning into a humorous thread...Its different..old clancey

• Haha
Reactions: Prof
You people should write a play wrapped around this "stove" if that is what it is called--so funny...It looks like one of those rail road stoves or something? I really don't know but finding this turning into a humorous thread...Its different..old clancey
It’s definitely non standard. The door is barely big enough to get a split log into it, maybe 8”x8”. It will take a few times to figure out the best way to get it started.

Well I agree I like the quirky things on this stove also but some very good points have been addressed on the function of this stove that would make me be leery of buying it. The cleaning of those air tubes is something to consider as was mentioned already and then I would wonder how efficient the stove will burn wood. I have never seen anything like it before. I guess it all depends on what you are looking for and if you are interested in the oddness of it or the function.

Not knowing nothing here maybe it is a coal stove--maybe---Maybe take it outside and play with it outside in a protected area of fireproof materials maybe a empty concrete storage unit or something--just in case it decides to take off and fly....lol..I hope us all solves this puzzle --maybe its home made by some genius like coaly..just playing here...old mrs clancey

I'm definitely not scared of creosote on the tubes. Correct me if I'm wrong but even the advanced stages of creosote when ignited cannot burn hot enough to damage steel. Also I have been a part time chimney sweep for most of my life so I have an assortment of brushes that will make cleaning those tubes relatively easy. I got this stove to heat my 900sf "red iron" steel building workshop.

Fraserfab, keep us posted on how this marvel runs and you could always get a free standing fan to put behind it. Even a box fan would work if it was set back some from the tubes. I do like its oddity it is certainly one of a kind so it would make a great conversation piece. Have fun with your new toy.