Help, Please.... PE Pacific D1 Insert Door Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Ever since the Chimney Sweep went down, I can not get the right door gasket.

This one pictured is NOT the correct one, to thin. Not wide enough.

I can't find it.

Help !!
Hogwildz
begreen

IMG_0508.jpg

Yes, Tom had the exclusive to online sales. I miss him. PE wants owners to go through local dealers in order to support them. The part number is DR31.WDGKIT which I think is now part # 80000156. This place has it, but you may find a better price locally.

Where is your nearest store? It looks like there is one in Westhampton Beach, (631) 998-0780

Last edited:
That's not it.

That's not it.
That is the part # listed in the manual for the Pacific insert.
Replacement For Part Numbers:
  • DR31.WDGKIT

It's not the original, which was thicker & wider, not by much.

I have that one (and a back up), now.

I miss Tom !!

Last edited:
What's wrong with the gasket on there? If it's just loose or coming off, pump silicone behind it and re-attach

I bought a baffle kit from them, and it went well. Original PE parts.
You could also use a Summit gasket and just cut the excess off.
It looks like they got their hands slapped by PE. The site says local sales only now.

Reactions: Dix
It looks like they got their hands slapped by PE. The site says local sales only now.

Huge problem. The place in Westhampton isn't returning calls.

Hogz, gasket works, just not the right size that I originally had. Tom knew the difference.

Huge problem. The place in Westhampton isn't returning calls.

Hogz, gasket works, just not the right size that I originally had. Tom knew the difference.
Was your solution with Tom via email? Did you get a receipt? I am wondering if that would provide a different part number. Also wondering why the part listed in the manual has not worked well. Is there an old thread on this topic between you and Tom?

I just bought a pacific energy summit insert from a dealer in copiague NY. Captainsoot on google, look him up he is a pacific energy dealer and responds to emails quick.

Reactions: Dix
I just bought a pacific energy summit insert from a dealer in copiague NY. Captainsoot on google, look him up he is a pacific energy dealer and responds to emails quick.

Thankyou !!!

Was your solution with Tom via email? Did you get a receipt? I am wondering if that would provide a different part number. Also wondering why the part listed in the manual has not worked well. Is there an old thread on this topic between you and Tom?

No, we talked. He knew the difference.