Help Removing Wood - Southern Indiana

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brianbeech

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2011
Southern IN
We've got some property that has some downed trees on it. We've cut most into 16" rounds and split quite a bit of it. We're looking to get rid of this wood ASAP. Wondering if anyone is in the Floyds Knobs, IN area.

90% of this wood is red oak. I'd hate to guess how much there is. I guess we would only ask that you sign a release for liability issues. It is right off of the road and you can drive the trucks right up to the wood.

Thanks!

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG

Nice looking wood.
Wish I was 3,000 miles closer :)

Reactions: ScotO
PM Woody Stover. He's down in the south part of the state somewhere. Too far for me.

I'm in Dayton Ohio. How close are you?

PM Woody Stover. He's down in the south part of the state somewhere. Too far for me.
SW, so that's a couple hours away. :(

Union, KY, just across from Rising Sun are we close??

But, but... you've got a stove! Are you feeling okay?

PM sent!

HOLY CHIT.....I may have to fire up the Chinook, get out there, and get me some of 'dat!

Very nice of you to offer that wood, brian beech.......I hope someone can take advantage of it on here. Good group of people we are, on here!

If only you were closer. Stopped by a lot that was being cleared of hardwoods yesterday to inquire about the 40-50 or so red oaks they were taking down and was pretty much told to pound sand...people pay money for these.

HA! Just so everyone knows - My dad takes care of this property. We have a tight knit street surrounded by lots of property. 13 people on the road and we all look out for each other. This wood is 'technically' my neighbors. These trees fell at various times and the neighbor wants them cleaned up. Too much wood for me and they don't want it sitting on the property. Otherwise, I'd split and stack it there and use it in the coming years.

BTW - my neighbor knows I'm posting this on here. :)

It's great wood and I hope one of y'all can come get it. I'd be some work to split some of it, but there is a lot split already. I'd rather see you guys/gals get it than people that don't know how to burn it.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Those asking about location - I'm a stone's throw from downtown Louisville Ky.

I just wanted to take the time this morning and thank Brian and his dad for their generosity. I made it out yesterday and was able to get four truckloads of oak hauled off. Most of it is split and a fair amount of it is already seasoned. It's great stuff. I just couldn't pass up such a great opportunity. Thanks!

Sounds like this is working out very well for all concerned. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.