Help Selecting a New Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carverman

Oct 3, 2013
Carver, MA
Hello, this is my first time posting here. I am looking for a new stove to heat 1800Sqft. I currently have a VC-DW 2461 that I bought back in 2007. When I bought it was used very little and I just replaced the cat last year. I used to only burn a few days a week but I am now looking to burn 24/7 this year . Any recommendations on new stove's that are EPA cert and will heat the required sqft would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Welcome. If the Dutchwest is in good shape, why not keep using it? Too small for the new area? Where will the stove be installed?

The DW is in good shape but it seems on cold nights it can't keep up with the whole house. I have a split entry and the stove is down stair's in the open family room which could be restricting the heat output to the 2nd floor. I was thing a bigger stove with a larger output would fix this issue.

There are a lot of stoves that can do the job. look at 2.5 to 3 cu ft models. Do you want to stick with the cast iron style or have you considered soapstone and steel too?

Depending on the budget there are a wide range of options from the very affordable Englander 30NC to the higher end stoves like the Jotul F600 OR F50.

If you want to stick with steel, you might want to check out the Blaze King line of stoves. Lots of heat and extremely long burn times. This site has an army of dedicated BK owners. BK = good equipment and good manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.