Help with heatnglo intellifire troubleshooting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rusty80

Dec 1, 2019
Hi
Having some problems with a heatnglo sl-550tr-ipi-e natural gas fireplace. Pilot light comes on and stays on. Main burner will not turn on. I went through a trouble shooting manual and the gas valve passes the ohm test. However the way they describe to check for voltage at the gas valve is where I’m unsure. It says to slide the wire back slightly off the spade and it should give 1.6 volts to open the valve and 0.3 to keep it open. As soon as I check for voltage it drops to zero, however, when I remove and test voltage at the wire directly when it is not attached to the gas valve I get a small voltage measurement on the meter. Approx 1 V. Any ideas on these complicated intellifire setups? Thanks.

You ARE talking milliVolts, or vDC right?
Try "rapping" the metal casing on the side of the valve
with the plastic handle of a screwdriver.
Sometimes the magnets stick...

Last edited:
This is what the manual shows
21260EA3-229D-44DF-9C25-5873CD3AAA74.png