Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a fan blowng the hot air out of the room but the room also has 8 hi hats. Maybe losing energy there as well. Ill try moving the sensor.
If your construction is recent, the high hats are probably air tight. Look for the letters "AT" on the label inside. They may still need to be caulked around the edge of the can, but the can on these is sealed. Replacing old ones may be a lot of work, but the newer air tight / insulation contact (ATIC) cans are about $10 each.

If your construction is recent, the high hats are probably air tight. Look for the letters "AT" on the label inside. They may still need to be caulked around the edge of the can, but the can on these is sealed. Replacing old ones may be a lot of work, but the newer air tight / insulation contact (ATIC) cans are about $10 each.

Older construction, once I redo the room ll change the cans.

all of these "fixes" really cost you no money, are easy to implement, and what the heck.....nothing to lose!

Been keeping the stove really clean and it seems to have helped. Got a brush kit off amazon, connects to a drill and cleans the chambers well. I was storing a ton of pellets outside under a covered overhang and I think that effected the pellets. the ones I burned that were stored inside seem to burn hotter. House has been pretty comfy at like 67 - 70.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.