Helpful advise for anyone with a 2006 or newer Rika Integra ii auger replacement

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

j4bs4209333

Oct 18, 2019
Peabody, Ma
My father recently got a 2008 Rika Integra ii insert off Craigslist for $500. Supposedly it worked fine but it's Craigslist so you know how that goes. It ended up having a bad auger motor, but the newer 2006+ models have a reversible synchronous motor with 4 wires and an in line capacitor. The motor is a discontinued model and nearly impossible to find used in 110v. A company with new old stock wanted $600+, no thanks. We happened to have an Avalon Astoria in the garage with a bad control board and newer auger motor so I figured I would modify it to make it work somehow. Got lucky and it fit the auger shaft without any modification and it works perfectly. If anyone else has the newer Integra with the 4 wire motor you can buy an Avalon Astoria auger to replace it. The inline capacitor is wired to the old motor so just unplug that and plug the new one directly into the stove wiring. It works perfectly and the speed control works perfectly as well. Here's photos of the original motor.

Attachments

• Berger-LAHR-RSM-63-8FG-Motor374-450-U-min110VGerUnused6106-_1.jpg
    Berger-LAHR-RSM-63-8FG-Motor374-450-U-min110VGerUnused6106-_1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 251351989158_1.jpg
    251351989158_1.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 125
Reactions: bags
I haven’t worked on very many Austroflaums (Rika) but I sure wish their dual fuel stoves would get epa approved so we could get them here.