Hemlock

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Since I was up top checking on things I decided to bring down a load of Hemloak !!!

zap

Attachments

• 100_5919-001.JPG
    100_5919-001.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 186
I have a ton of hemlock on the ground from trees I have thinned out, I need to cut it up and stack it for the shoulder seasons.

Reactions: ScotO and zap
I'd love me some big hemlock logs for milling.......trying to get some siding planks for my future woodshed project.

I'd love me some big hemlock logs for milling.......trying to get some siding planks for my future woodshed project.

I have some pretty big ones, but they have to be checked out, my woods are quite "swampy" and the hemlock can be of poor quality.

As always
Great picture Zap.
Great looking woods!

That's good thinking zap. Looking around so may as well take a load to the house while we're at it.

Reactions: zap
I want to see it stacked! :)

I want to see it stacked! :)
Getting the stacking area ready today so I can stack what is in the trailer. We have two bigtooth aspen trees on the ground which will be taken care of starting on Friday.

After that I'll take care of two dead standing then head up top so I can take care of the hung up birch then the maple underneath it.
zap

Most of the wood I cut this year was for the shoulder season so after I get enough aspen,hemlock and pine it's off finding some nice hardwood, two more cord of hardwood would be nice.

Chit, I'll be in the woods until Mother Nature puts down a couple of feet of snow.

zap

I decided to empty the trailer of the Hemlock which meant a little stacking.

zap

Attachments

• 100_5942.JPG
    100_5942.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_5943.JPG
    100_5943.JPG
    105 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_5944.JPG
    100_5944.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 100_5945.JPG