Hi Everyone!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bokehman: I'm so sorry I did not notice your post a few days ago.
You wanted to know the size of the small firewood we are burning? Maybe about the size of a mans forearm is all and about 12 inches long. Some of it is larger in diameter....but we cut it small so it would dry out fast.
You also wanted to know how long the flames lasted: Maybe an hour or two is all.
You asked the size of the firebox: I'm thinking it is 2.3

Prada said:
about the size of a mans forearm [...] and about 12 inches long. [...] the flames lasted: Maybe an hour or two [...]size of the firebox: 2.3
Try weighing the wood you are putting in. You should be able to get about 40 pounds in at once. The wood size explains the short burn but you should be able to get it longer by packing it in. When you reload pull all the hot coals right to the front and load your fresh wood at the back. Try to get the whole 40 pounds weight in there and really pack it tight so the wood at the back is protected from the fire by the wood nearer the front. Even with your smaller wood you should be able to get between 3 and 4 hours of flame on a load and depending on your needs reload 3 times a day.

Is it just me, or are we seeing more Bucks? Oh wait, yeah, it's hunting season... :shut: And welcome aboard, Prada!

bokehman: Ok I will do everything you said and Thank You so much for your advice!

brooktrout: LOL Your cracking me up and thanks so much for the kind Welcome..... :)

InTheRockies said:
Here's an image of the fan I'm using--they don't have to be huge monsters.
small-fan.jpg
These are exactly what we're running here- 3 of them, at floor level. Ours are branded Honeywell, and I found them at Walmart for around 10 bucks each. They flew into my cart. I have found that blowing cold air from the doorways of our outlying bedrooms, towards the wood stove, works just great. It has made a very noticeable difference. These little fans, measuring only about 10in wide and 11in high, move a tremendous amount of air set on high, and are near whisper quiet, set on low.

Status
Not open for further replies.