HI305 Installed- Picture included

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hdavison3

Hearth Supporter
Apr 29, 2007
Morrisonville, NY
Hi folks,
Attached a picture of our new Hampton HI305 Insert installed. The dealer/manufacturer are taking care of the chip I noted in an earlier post by shipping me a new ashlip. I tested the stove a few times and I think it circulates the heat remarkbly well. I guess the real test will be once the cold weather gets here.
Thanks to all for your input and help with this purchase. I will continue to use this site as a resouce and to share my "pyro" experiences.
Regards,
XCB

Attachments

• HI305.jpg
    HI305.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 805
Good to hear they're giving you a new ashlip rather than some touch-up paint.Here's to colder weather to enjoy yer new Hampton!

Hello Xcitableboi, great looking install. Someone should be warm this Winter.
Don

Thats a great looking insert, almost need sun glasses from that shine :)

Looks very nice! Don't want to dampen things at all, but how much clearance do you have to the wood floor? Hard to tell, but it doesn't look like much.

Thanks, guys.

If you are referring to the depth of the raised hearth prior to installation, MrGriz, it's eighteen inches as per manufacturers specifications for minimum clearence.

Tried to post telling you it is beautiful last night but the forum software kept rejecting the post.

That sucker is gorgeous. Keep an eye on that good looking table in front of it though. The radiant heat out the glass will not be kind to the finish on it when it is cranking.

Congrats!

xcitableboi said:
Thanks, guys.

If you are referring to the depth of the raised hearth prior to installation, MrGriz, it's eighteen inches as per manufacturers specifications for minimum clearence.

That's what I was referring to. It looks like the insert sticks out onto the hearth a bit and I think you need 18" in front of the door opening of the insert. I'd hate to see that beautiful floor get messed up. My hearth was the same way and I ended up tearing the carpet out in front of it and am going to extend it with tile (it's on a concrete floor, so i'm not in a big hurry).

Brother Bart,
Thanks. I am a little concerned about the table which is only four feet in front of the stove. My wife polishes it every week and I wondering if a light coat of linseed oil might protect it.

MrGriz,
Thanks for the heads up. After your last post I went back and checked the manufacturers specifications for clearance. they specify eighteen inches of clearance (Canada) sixteen inches clearance (US) from the face of the fireplace to the end of the hearth. They specify eight inches of clearance from the front of the insert door to the end of the hearth. The reason it looks like there isn't much clearance is because the blower and ashlip extend four inches beyond the front of the door.
As far as the floor, not to worry-it's just Wilsonart laminate- lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.