High Valley Stoves - anyone own one or have information

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2fireplacesinSC

Burning Hunk
Feb 24, 2015
mid South Carolina
Does anyone have an opinion on High Valley stoves? I don't seem to find much information on this site regarding them.

Any owners out there who want to offer glowing reviews? Burning to express your opinion? Blackened thoughts on it? Fire forth!

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: iceman2424
Too funny. Would love to help but I've never heard of that stove, so if I offered advice...well, I'd just be blowing smoke.

But the good news is that you can bet your ash there is at least one person here who will be able help!

I just bought one 1500 catalytic, haven't gotten it yet but I will be sure to start a review thread, I know that doesn't help you but that's all I got lol

Bueller.... Bueller......Bueller........Ferris Bueller......... Anyone?

Oh well, not a common stove apparently. I'll wait on redyute and see what he says :confused:. Maybe I'll repost later in the season too.

Hope im not too late, i have the hv2500. It came with the house and a bit of a learning curve, as it is my first stove.

First off, absolutly love it.

Many improvements to my particular situation were needed. It was a slam install(from previous owner). An 8" ss liner was like night and day difference in performance and initial starting. It didnt have a cat probe, and once installed it really took the "guess work" out of running efficiantly.

I just cleaned flue and inspected cars for this season. Cats are starting to crack, but if i had a guess, id say they are original and thats dates them at 20yrs old! Ill get new for next season.

But when ran properly(and installed properly) i can load it up at 6am, completely shut in the air, and work a few hours ot, getting home around 6 or 7pm and its still chugging. This of course with the blower off, but it still maintains our house at the mid 70s when burning continuously!

I love this stove.

The ONLY thing that i find odd is i can not for the life of me keep the side bay windows clean. I have up, i dont care, i just keep the main glass clean with 0000 steel wool. Works great even when glass is hot and chemicals would be bad to use.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

High valley stoves are stoves offered by Stoll fireplace industries, a really nice maker of fireplace doors and other fireplace items. They are built to last, usually with a high cost. I haven't seen one personally but I will say if they are made like other stoll products, rest assured they are fine stoves.

In midlands of SC, the local fireplace store sells them. The only other cat stove they keep in stock is the Buck 91. The store people have told me they haven't had any complaints regarding ones they've sold. They stock the high valley 2500.

They don't sell a lot of cat stoves from what they've told me, but they really seem to push the tube burners so I'm not too surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.