EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    I dont expect that for August.

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. DAKSY

DAKSY
    Patriot Guard Rider Moderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Loc:
    Averill Park, NY, on Burden Lake II...
    Yeah, should have closed the windows last night...Little chilly...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kennyp2339

kennyp2339
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 16, 2014
    Loc:
    54 here!!! feels great after the last 3 weeks, windows have been open since Friday, last night I just turned off the ceiling fans.

heavy hammer, Dix and SpaceBus like this.
  4. Microduck17

Microduck17
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 21, 2017
    Loc:
    New Concord Ohio
    58 here this morning. Might turn off the
    A/C if it stays below 80 today.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

5. SpaceBus

SpaceBus
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2018
    Loc:
    Downeast Maine
    Even for Maine it was chilly this morning at 0720. 54f outside temp.

Allagash350 likes this.
  6. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Was 80F sunny and breezy yesterday. Ideal sailing weather, even the water temp is good. Our lows are running in the low 60’s this week. Good weather for chilling in the boat or by the pool, still a bit warm for manual labor.

7. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    I helped a friend open up an old logging trail on his land this morning. Great chainsaw running weather.

We worked until the chain brake on his saw broke. It was pretty rough watching a guy come to hate his chainsaw. I just kept clearing while he fiddled, which looking back at things, didnt really help him like his saw any more.

DAKSY likes this.
  8. SpaceBus

SpaceBus
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2018
    Loc:
    Downeast Maine
    That sucks. What saw?

9. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    He has(d) a Husky.

He threw the chain. It looks like the brake engaged while he had his cover plate off the saw. He, then we, fiddled with it trying to get the brake band to disengage so we could slip the cover back on. We ended up breaking it, which would have got the saw back to working condition, but I had to leave by that time. I think he was going to run to a dealer in the next town over to get the part replaced.

10. SpaceBus

SpaceBus
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2018
    Loc:
    Downeast Maine
    Yeah, the clutch cover is tricky if the brake is messed with while the cover is off. I actually thought my 460 was broken once because the brake didn't work at all, but I somehow got the clutch cover on without the brake going back together right. My wife thought I was crazy for buying multiple chainsaws, but having spares is crucial when you have to travel to cut wood.

Back on topic, the weather here today has been fantastic. A few dark clouds blew by but just drizzled on me. 70f with a few clouds and a nice wind blowing.

11. Dix

Dix
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 27, 2008
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    45F here this AM in Icy Hollow.

PE door glass getting replaced next week, just in time

12. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Wow! That really is an icy hollow. 82 currently in Manhattan, 66 low temp. (with 88 being reported at some spots right now in NYC).

13. Dix

Dix
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 27, 2008
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Yeah, it's 80 now here, too.

14. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    Stayed in the 70s here all day after the morning sun warmup.

15. Woodsplitter67

Woodsplitter67
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 19, 2017
    Loc:
    Woolwich nj
    This morning was 60 out. It was great to sit out, needing a long sleeve shirt. Sitting on my patio watching the sun come up.. had 10 turkey walking through.. 4 rabbits and bird's chirping... haden had a morning like this in a while..

16. SpaceBus

SpaceBus
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2018
    Loc:
    Downeast Maine
    Today is the first day I've seen deer in my yard since early spring.

17. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Crazy! That's a 35º swing.

18. Dix

Dix
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

May 27, 2008
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Yep.

The ponies are seriously shedding their summer coats, and the acorns & leaves are already falling.

We're gonna get screwed this winter, I feel it.

Ashful likes this.
  19. EatenByLimestone

EatenByLimestone
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 12, 2006
    Loc:
    Schenectady, NY
    *Cant wait for ice fishing!*

20. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    It's all in the perspective. As long as they don't hit every 3rd day, I really enjoy a few good winter storms.

21. paulnlee

paulnlee
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 2, 2018
    Loc:
    Flemington, NJ
    58 this AM, if I had the tape removed from the glass on my new Harman I would have fired it up

22. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Same temp here. Fortunately, the house holds the heat well enough that normal activities like cooking and lighting keep the temp at 70 overnight. The sun warms it up further during the daytime, so no fires here. Maybe in a month or so, we'll see.

23. Zack R

Zack R
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Sep 27, 2017
    Loc:
    Sisters, OR
    Same thing happens out here in Central Oregon. This time of year it'll be 38-45F in the morning, and 75-85F in the afternoon.

SpaceBus likes this.
  24. SpaceBus

SpaceBus
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Nov 18, 2018
    Loc:
    Downeast Maine
    Woke up to 48f outside.

25. prezes13

prezes13
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 12, 2014
    Loc:
    Connecticut
    05BEBDB0-C0EF-4F32-AAC1-91D29863C322.jpeg
    Last night we worked on a main break (second in the row) and in the morning it got cold. Don’t know what was the temp but it was chilly.