Hmm, 50 outside this morning.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

EatenByLimestone

Staff member
I dont expect that for August.

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    8.1 KB · Views: 165
54 here!!! feels great after the last 3 weeks, windows have been open since Friday, last night I just turned off the ceiling fans.

Even for Maine it was chilly this morning at 0720. 54f outside temp.

Reactions: Allagash350
Was 80F sunny and breezy yesterday. Ideal sailing weather, even the water temp is good. Our lows are running in the low 60’s this week. Good weather for chilling in the boat or by the pool, still a bit warm for manual labor.

Last edited:
I helped a friend open up an old logging trail on his land this morning. Great chainsaw running weather.

We worked until the chain brake on his saw broke. It was pretty rough watching a guy come to hate his chainsaw. I just kept clearing while he fiddled, which looking back at things, didnt really help him like his saw any more.

Reactions: DAKSY
I helped a friend open up an old logging trail on his land this morning. Great chainsaw running weather.

We worked until the chain brake on his saw broke. It was pretty rough watching a guy come to hate his chainsaw. I just kept clearing while he fiddled, which looking back at things, didnt really help him like his saw any more.

That sucks. What saw?

He has(d) a Husky.

He threw the chain. It looks like the brake engaged while he had his cover plate off the saw. He, then we, fiddled with it trying to get the brake band to disengage so we could slip the cover back on. We ended up breaking it, which would have got the saw back to working condition, but I had to leave by that time. I think he was going to run to a dealer in the next town over to get the part replaced.

He has(d) a Husky.

He threw the chain. It looks like the brake engaged while he had his cover plate off the saw. He, then we, fiddled with it trying to get the brake band to disengage so we could slip the cover back on. We ended up breaking it, which would have got the saw back to working condition, but I had to leave by that time. I think he was going to run to a dealer in the next town over to get the part replaced.

Yeah, the clutch cover is tricky if the brake is messed with while the cover is off. I actually thought my 460 was broken once because the brake didn't work at all, but I somehow got the clutch cover on without the brake going back together right. My wife thought I was crazy for buying multiple chainsaws, but having spares is crucial when you have to travel to cut wood.

Back on topic, the weather here today has been fantastic. A few dark clouds blew by but just drizzled on me. 70f with a few clouds and a nice wind blowing.

45F here this AM in Icy Hollow.

PE door glass getting replaced next week, just in time

45F here this AM in Icy Hollow.
Wow! That really is an icy hollow. 82 currently in Manhattan, 66 low temp. (with 88 being reported at some spots right now in NYC).

Last edited:
This morning was 60 out. It was great to sit out, needing a long sleeve shirt. Sitting on my patio watching the sun come up.. had 10 turkey walking through.. 4 rabbits and bird's chirping... haden had a morning like this in a while..
Today is the first day I've seen deer in my yard since early spring.

Crazy! That's a 35º swing.

Yep.

The ponies are seriously shedding their summer coats, and the acorns & leaves are already falling.

We're gonna get screwed this winter, I feel it.

Reactions: Ashful
Yep.

The ponies are seriously shedding their summer coats, and the acorns & leaves are already falling.

We're gonna get screwed this winter, I feel it.
It's all in the perspective. As long as they don't hit every 3rd day, I really enjoy a few good winter storms.

Same temp here. Fortunately, the house holds the heat well enough that normal activities like cooking and lighting keep the temp at 70 overnight. The sun warms it up further during the daytime, so no fires here. Maybe in a month or so, we'll see.

05BEBDB0-C0EF-4F32-AAC1-91D29863C322.jpeg
Last night we worked on a main break (second in the row) and in the morning it got cold. Don’t know what was the temp but it was chilly.

Last edited by a moderator: