Holding back on the Fahrenheit install, comments?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ivanhoe

Feeling the Heat
Dec 27, 2008
great white northern ontario
Hi,
As you're all aware of my possession of a used Fahrenheit 50F in the spring of 2013, I was about to tear my laundry room apart to make real estate in the mentioned room. I would have to make holes in the wall to pass my ducts to attach to the existing oil furnace. I would have to reroute my plumbing for the laundry sink which was to be moved from one corner to the other. I would have to make a new hole in the outside wall for the dryer outlet and a new hole for the stove exhaust. On the other hand, I have a half tank of oil to use up during this winter for the colder nights and thinking of disposing the oil furnace next summer(yes, you heard me right). I would use the existing oil furnace exhaust hole for the Fahrenheit furnace exhaust and not need to move my laundry room around as much as the first plan. I would need to move my furnace wall about a foot or two to accommodate my Fahrenheit clearances to combustibles and access to repairs. My back-up heating system would be my already existing electrical baseboards or in the future install of a ductless heat pump for cooling & heating. Comments?

I'll be right over to pick it up!
The dinosoraus you're after?:) Haven't heated with it for awhile now, just on the seldom required cold snaps(-30 to -40::C). It's a Clare through the wall vent.

The dinosoraus you're after?:) Haven't heated with it for awhile now, just on the seldom required cold snaps(-30 to -40::C). It's a Clare through the wall vent.

Don't think that is the one that jtakeman is going to remove from your possession.

Better make your mind up as I believe the North part of my state meeting yours was freezing last night!

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Better make your mind up as I believe the North part of my state meeting yours was freezing last night!
It's dipping to 32::F tonight and the Accentra is purring.
Shhh, Let him think I'm after the dino sucker. I'll sneak that 50F out whens he's not looking. ;)
A wall of pellets is protecting it, see pic. Yes, my stash is forever growing......I still have to get my load of Haliburton's super premiums;)

Attachments

• P1030239.JPG
    P1030239.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 135
They never learn.

Remember jtakeman is a pellet pig and will take the pellets from your stash at the same time he makes off with the pellet furnace.

ETA: We may have to revoke someone's pellet pig status.

I bought my Fahrenheit in Jan the year before I installed it. But my Daughter was not born yet and my son was almost 10. So he can wake up and add another blanket. My daughter is now 2.5 yrs old, and can cover up too.

This the reason I will be using the Enerzone 90% of this season. If everything goes as planned, the Fahrenheit will be sold by next season and my wood eater will move upstairs in the living room.

Waiting can be a good thing. If you don't have young children, or no children and you can cover up? By all means.. Wait

I bought my Fahrenheit in Jan the year before I installed it. But my Daughter was not born yet and my son was almost 10. So he can wake up and add another blanket. My daughter is now 2.5 yrs old, and can cover up too.

This the reason I will be using the Enerzone 90% of this season. If everything goes as planned, the Fahrenheit will be sold by next season and my wood eater will move upstairs in the living room.

Waiting can be a good thing. If you don't have young children, or no children and you can cover up? By all means.. Wait
I hate the taught of waiting but in the long run I would be saving myself some work as well of emptying my tank of dinosauce. Sure I do have itchy fingers to get the Fahrenheit purring but I could wait a little longer. In the mean time, I could polish it and make it look pretty:cool:.
They never learn.

Remember jtakeman is a pellet pig and will take the pellets from your stash at the same time he makes off with the pellet furnace.

ETA: We may have to revoke someone's pellet pig status.
The Fahrenheit is in pieces all over the house, Jtakeman will be so busy locating the missing pieces that it would keep him occupied until spring. By that time is stash would be long gone!!!!

Naw, it takes the crew about 5 minutes to clean out a building.

Oh you forgot that pigs travel with all of the required equipment and crews to render a place into its pieces parts.

In that case, mouse traps everywhere.!!! Or should I set up bear traps for those bloated Pigs, mmm.;) In the mean time, I'll have a beer and a video clip of dancing pigs at hand.;lol;lol

I watched three scrap haulers clear a barn of anything metal in less than 10 minutes. Never in my life have I seen a crew of humans work so efficiently. Never underestimate how quickly some people can sniff out steel, or pellets for that matter. :)

If you can hold off and save yourself a lot of work by waiting, I see no harm. Nothing worse than doing the same job twice.

Your best bet might be to leave some beer outside the door. It will hold them off long enough to get the shot gun. I'm lucky all my neighbors are coal burners

Reactions: jtakeman
Status
Not open for further replies.