New England (MA, CT, ME, NH, VT, RI) Home Depot NH Carrying - La Crete 1.2 tons, Stove Chow, Green Supreme, Northeast Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Which HD? Is the $299 for the full pallet of LaCretes?

Thanks for any info.

Around here LaCrete is $350 for a 60 bag pallet. It would cost me $33 in gas to get to Plaistow so it's not worth the effort.
BTW, I checked the Keene, NH HD which is close to me but they only have Green Supreme and Fireside Ultra at $249. a ton.

I got my a pallet of 60 lacrete for 299. The cheapest i have ever bought from them. They did not have stove chow tho.

I got my a pallet of 60 lacrete for 299. The cheapest i have ever bought from them. They did not have stove chow tho.
Where?

The LaCretes have less ash than the Green Supremes AND they burn for a longer time than the GS. This year's Green Supremes though are much better than the ones I had from a couple of years ago. They are hotter and don't produce the big hard clumps that the batch of 2 years ago did.
When I did a heat test (oven thermometer inserted into a hot air output vent) the LaCretes hit 295. Interestingly I also hit 295 with these new Green Supremes. It's possible that I didn't get the LaCretes up to max heat but I am sure I got the Green Supremes up to max heat.
I'd go with the LaCretes with the above mentioned price difference. I paid $345 for the LaCretes where I live so when Tractor Supply had a coupon sale on the GS for $299 I grabbed a ton of them. That's $4 a bag vs. $6 a bag.

Picking up a 1.2ton skid of LaCrete's, pid $269, 10% off coupon on $299 or more purchases, they told me they also have ton's of Virginia golds.....like those also, I hope the Crete's are better

Used both Lacrete and Greene Supreme this year. Lacrete burned better, a bit less ashy. I found Stove Chow decent in the past, would use them over GS I think.