HomeGlo by Energex?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jp57

Apr 4, 2011
Moore Twsp., Pa
20191127_153353.jpg

When I picked up my 2 tons of Energex this year, a few Home Glo by Energex were thrown in.
Are these any different than the "standard" pellets by Energex? They don't look any different...so...is this just a case of seasonal packaging/branding?

I didn't check the standard bags for BTU's. Though on their website, they rate them at 8500+ BTU's.

Oh well...guess I'll save these for the not-as-cold days. LOL
8500 BTUs is good heat. But I never saw a bag of pellets with only 8000 BTUs on the bag unless I read it wrong

Everyone should call these pellet companies and start complaining to them about their prices. The quality of most aren’t even good. I’ve had way more calls this year because of dirty pellets than last year.