Homemade and DIY OWB's and Gassifiers...Show Us What You Have

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boatboy63

Feb 6, 2010
Northeastern TN
I want to build a DIY gassified OWB and would like to see what you guys have built. Please, post pics of them here and give comments about what you like/dislike about it or would change if you could, etc. I know you have probably posted pics of your "prized posession" (or is that obsession) somewhere else, but let's post here and share some of our lessons and secrets.

chip7826 said:
I made one i will post a pic soon need to know how to wire a AQUASTAT

Aquastats can be set up for a variety of purposes/ functions-- can you tell us all what you want to control with it (turn on a blower at a lower temperature, or off at a maximum temperature limit, or turn a pump on at a certain temperature, etc.)? In general, aquastats are just switches actuated in response to a temperature sensor, which is usually (but not always) adjustable for the desired temperature.

nofossil
'your brother has some serious skills!

I love the re-purposed Motobecane chain ring and crank in Image 5130

boatboy63 said:
I want to build a DIY gassified OWB and would like to see what you guys have built. Please, post pics of them here and give comments about what you like/dislike about it or would change if you could, etc. I know you have probably posted pics of your "prized posession" (or is that obsession) somewhere else, but let's post here and share some of our lessons and secrets.

Go for it boatboy, I saved myself thousands.

Seton clone, stuck in existing out building 200' from house, with room for week and a half of wood. Love it........hate all the work, but not as much as buying propane. Would someday like to try storage. $1000 in materials for the boiler ( steel and such) $1200 in plumbing parts (pumps, pex, aqua stats, ect.) Seton sells this unit for something like 9 Grand

Attachments

• MVC-009S.jpg
    MVC-009S.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 549
  • MVC-013S.jpg
    MVC-013S.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 533
  • MVC-015S.jpg
    MVC-015S.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 567
  • MVC-022S.jpg
    MVC-022S.jpg