Honest Opinion needed Enviro or Quadrafire?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BIGISLANDHIKERS said:
Gweeper64 said:
BIGISLANDHIKERS said:
I have a quad mt vernon ae. Its a good stove but I believe the self cleaning feature on it is flawed. I dont know how the classic bay compares to the mt vernon. I have been checking out the enviro omega....that is if I can find a buyer for the quad.

Flawed? In what way? I don't have a problem with mine.

The Mt Vernon Ae shuts down everytime it cleans itself.

-Here in Michigan I lose alot of heating until it restarts.
-I am on my 4th ignitor and stove wont restart after cleaning when the ignitor goes out. Running on high it cleans ever two hours or so.
-Sometimes pellets and corn clinker doesn't drop when it cleans and firepot eventually overflows.

BIH

How much space are you heating that you have to run it on high all the time? Mine runs on low the vast majority of the time and maybe medium for a short while after a restart.
I'm heating about 1400 ft/sq on a single level with one room with cathedral ceilings and skylights. If you really are restarting every two hours, that would certainly have something to do with having to replace igniters so often. I don't burn corn so I can't comment on that. But, doesn't the AE also clean more often on the corn setting too? I have never really had any clinkers to speak of stuck to the side of the burn pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.