Hooking stove pipe to ceiling support

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
This is my adapter

Attachments

• 999999-462050027534.jpg
    999999-462050027534.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 82
Thanks! I was wondering if that was maybe the adapter that I needed...I will try it out and see if it works...How does this one connect? Is it screwed into place?
It does a half turn into your chimney then your chimney sits in that box.3 screws to attach black pipe to adapter.

you need something like this: 6'' DVL Close Clearance Adapter - 8674 (northlineexpress.com) its called a stainless steel chimney adapter, it clicks into the bottom of the class a pipe (its female end) then offers a male end for the black pipe hook up. They do come in 2 different sizes, for length, although it seems like a pretty basic thing I dont know if you can mix and match different brand names.

Attic pictures????

Would you mind letting me know what you mean? Possibly share a picture?

Thanks!
You need to figure out the brand of chimney. Without knowing that we really can't help much unless someone recognizes the system

Well it is very similar to mine that I posted.mine is gsw .