HotShot fogger (bug killer) near a stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shredit

Nov 10, 2017
Bonner , Idaho
Probably a shot in the dark, but hoping someone hear has used one before. It's a can of pesticide that fogs a room to kill bugs. It doesn't say anything on the package about avoid using near fire/heat...it even says "safe to use with pilot lights on"

My situation: just moved into an old house that probably should've been fogged in the first place but didn't get to it. Now I have 4 cords of wood stacked in the unfinished basement in the same room as my stove and that wood is definitely going to cause more bugs (stink bugs specifically) and I want to set off these bug foggers.

Anyone ever use one near a burning stove?

If you can't find an answer to this question or don't want to risk it then I would suggest using Tempo SC Ultra

Best stuff I have found hands down for bugs. It's approved for use around food. Has a long residual time.

Physical or Chemical Hazards
This product contains a highly flammable ingredient. It may cause a fire or explosion if not used properly. Follow the “Directions for Use” on this box very carefully. Contents under pressure. Do not use or store near heat or open flame. Do not puncture or incinerate container. Exposure to temperatures above 130ºF may cause bursting.