How am I going to get it out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zrock

Minister of Fire
Dec 2, 2017
bc
I'm up for suggestions. Had a step drill bit in my 1/4 impact driver.. I did not have it in past the lock for some reason it would not go any farther... after I was done I found it jammed and still not past the lock. Like i have done several times got a wrench on it and gave it a tap... popped right off... just a 1/4 inch shorter... the shaft snapped off flush in the driver...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

likely have to remove the chuck assembly to clear it

Dont think a magnet will do it since its wedged in their... Going to try to remove the lock and see if their is a way i can push it out from the bottom. I guess worst case ill have to order a new chuck for it... Iv always had issues with this since new being tight.

makita.... going to hopefully try to drill it out today... see how many drill bits i brake off

Well the drill did not touch it dam hardened steel... and in hindsite I used a center punch and pushed it all the way to the bottom. If i would not have done that i could have gone through the holes in the side and probably forced it out.. lucky a new part for it is only $20.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Any luck z? Maybe tack a piece of welding wire to it? I’d end up welding it all together, I’m good at making mediocre problems serious problems real quick. Let us know.

Reactions: nola mike
For $20 for a new part its not worth any more frustration of trying to get it out.... Worst part is i pave a part one that i left at my old job... never fails..