how are Lopi stove inserts packaged for delivery?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scoooter

Sep 9, 2010
Central Md
I bought a Lopi Freedom insert and they want 125 bucks to deliver it. Is it packaged in a box or just flat shipped? Is it packaged to the point that I can put it on a trailer and strap it down and go?

Thanks,

Scott

Lopi stoves are made in the same factory as my Avalon Rainier (Travis Industries). I'm in Connecticut. I bought ours from a local dealer. When the stove was dropped off BY the local Dealer, it was in a wooden crate, mounted on a pallet, surrounded by crate framing material, covered in Cardboard. I'm assuming that it was shipped to our local Dealer in that crate, from Travis Industries. No damage, well packed.

-Soupy1957

My insert came the same way. Been a while but I know it came strapped to a thick pallet, and I'm pretty sure they had to break it open to check it out. The door comes seperate, so make sure you get all the parts.

$125 ain't bad at all if it includes hauling that 455+ pounds out to and into your house. Un-crating the insert and sitting it on the hearth. And being responsible for damage to the stove/house/hearth in the process.

You probably got a ton invested in your set up, so why groan about $125. Thats pretty reasonable if they do what BB said. Just add it to the money your saving with the wood stove heating your house

Hanko said:
You probably got a ton invested in your set up, so why groan about $125. Thats pretty reasonable if they do what BB said. Just add it to the money your saving with the wood stove heating your house

And it is only $87.50 after the tax credit.

$125 sounds like a good deal if they're brining the stove inside and putting it on the hearth. I paid twice that to have a few guys bring my used freedom bay over but then again they had to take it down a flight of stairs but it was still cheaper than chiropractor bills.

soupy1957 said:
Lopi stoves are made in the same factory as my Avalon Rainier (Travis Industries). I'm in Connecticut. I bought ours from a local dealer. When the stove was dropped off BY the local Dealer, it was in a wooden crate, mounted on a pallet, surrounded by crate framing material, covered in Cardboard. I'm assuming that it was shipped to our local Dealer in that crate, from Travis Industries. No damage, well packed.

-Soupy1957

I got my Lopi Republic from a dealer an hour away, they had it in stock and they loaded it in the back of our pickup in the same packaging Soupy describes. We got it down with an improvised plywood ramp and an appliance dolly. No prob.
If you don't have a couple strong people with good backs it might be tough to do the "off the truck/trailer and into the house" part, but that can sometimes be had for a couple six packs generally which is a lot cheaper than $125!

So, yeah, depends on whether it's worth your trouble but it's a pretty easy self-ship if you are up to it.

Part of the reason I did not buy my insert from the local dealer was the delivery charge. They are 40 miles away and they wanted $300 to deliver it and they wanted $500 more for the stove than I could get it online. I found a moving company that will move it from the garage into the fireplace for $100. I have a small hernia that the doctor said does not need to be fixed unless I do something stupid and make it a big one as well as a bad back. $100 is a great price compared to all the medical bills I could end up with.

Ok, Ok, I think i'll have it delivered :) After talking it over with the wife, she reminded me how bad my back is...

Thanks for the input and recommendations.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.