How deep should this go?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

franktank232

Dec 29, 2005
So in the process of installing new (well i bought it a long time ago) woodstove (Drolet Eldorado). I'm getting there, but while messing around with the ceiling support i was trying to get this chimney adapter into a 12-18 double wall adjustable stove pipe (the top part of it) and it just doesn't want to slide down very far. Of course i could grab the rubber mallet and pound but not sure if that is the correct method here. I'm using all supervent stuff. Thanks for the help.
chimneyadapter.jpg

Answered own question... found these directions and happened to have both chimney adpt and universal adpt... looks like you can do it both ways..i'll use the universal adpt since it'll give me a little height since i might need it.

I've had all this stuff sitting around since 2007 so finding info has been a little of struggle...maybe they've changed these connectors.
chimneyadapter1.jpg

The finishing band should almost cover the entire connection . The lower edge of the finishing band should sit on the top of the full width teloscopic pipe. The top edge of the finishing band should come within a inch or less of the flared chimney pipe adapter. The remaining gap above the finishing band is barely noticeable unless you stare at it. You can test fire your finishing band fit now to see how well it covers the connection.